Re: Bjork/Gabriel?

  • Vincent Bergeron
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2004
      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Rioual Jc <jcrioual2@y...> wrote:
      > --- spelias@a... a écrit :
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > > While I've never been a fan of Bjork she has often
      > > been noted at the
      > > periphery of my interests.
      >
      > I am in love with her. Anybody got her mobile number ?
      >
      > > The buzz on her new album intrigues me. I wonder if
      > > she's
      > > ever been involved in any project with Peter
      > Gabriel. > It seems they would be
      > > soulmates of a sort.
      > >
      > >???
      >
      > 2 great artists.
      > But the association
      > Bjork = Kate Bush ---> Collaboration with Gabriel
      >
      > is maybe a bit simple. ;-)

      If you mean Kate Bush 'The Dreaming', i think there's some sort of
      link between her work and Medúlla album : sort of experimental tribal
      vibe. But, Medúlla is certainly the most Wire-related Björk album!
      It's quiet cerebral by moments. There's even a couple of
      improvisations, something Björk never did before. Ancestors feature
      some really interesting piano with perhaps the first real artistic
      throat singing demonstration (by Tagaq). Overall, it's a sound
      oriented album even if it's full of catchy songs with some of her
      most energic edge.

      Top Wire-related songs : Pleasure is all mine, Where is the line, Öll
      Birtan, Submarine, Oceania (perhaps oddest Björk first single and
      olympics wonder moment), Mouth's Cradle and Miðvikudags (end of Öll
      Birtan).