Re: the Zimbabwean Jit guitar

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Stevo" <stevolende@y...> wrote:
      > There was a band called The REd Guitars who were Peel fans

      should've been favs. as in were played pretty heavily by Peel around
      early to mid 80s
      Stevo
    • Duncan Campbell
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        Isn't there a track by someone like Mighty Mighty on NME's C86 cassette that
        has a pretty endearingly crap indie high-life feel to it?

      • stuff1424@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2004
          Not that you'd remember, but what were the lyrics like? See, I think if you
          put really cynical lyrics, clever, dry humour, a la Morrissey, on top it's a
          winning formula.
          Thanks Stevo for the Red Guitars tip. Slow To Fade the album to get?

          Rich.