Re: [thewire] Bjork/Gabriel?

  • Rioual Jc
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      --- spelias@... a écrit :

      ---------------------------------
      > While I've never been a fan of Bjork she has often
      > been noted at the
      > periphery of my interests.

      I am in love with her. Anybody got her mobile number ?

      > The buzz on her new album intrigues me. I wonder if
      > she's
      > ever been involved in any project with Peter
      Gabriel. > It seems they would be
      > soulmates of a sort.
      >
      >???

      2 great artists.
      But the association
      Bjork = Kate Bush ---> Collaboration with Gabriel

      is maybe a bit simple. ;-)

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Terms of Service.

    • Vincent Bergeron
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2004
        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Rioual Jc <jcrioual2@y...> wrote:
        > --- spelias@a... a écrit :
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > > While I've never been a fan of Bjork she has often
        > > been noted at the
        > > periphery of my interests.
        >
        > I am in love with her. Anybody got her mobile number ?
        >
        > > The buzz on her new album intrigues me. I wonder if
        > > she's
        > > ever been involved in any project with Peter
        > Gabriel. > It seems they would be
        > > soulmates of a sort.
        > >
        > >???
        >
        > 2 great artists.
        > But the association
        > Bjork = Kate Bush ---> Collaboration with Gabriel
        >
        > is maybe a bit simple. ;-)

        If you mean Kate Bush 'The Dreaming', i think there's some sort of
        link between her work and Medúlla album : sort of experimental tribal
        vibe. But, Medúlla is certainly the most Wire-related Björk album!
        It's quiet cerebral by moments. There's even a couple of
        improvisations, something Björk never did before. Ancestors feature
        some really interesting piano with perhaps the first real artistic
        throat singing demonstration (by Tagaq). Overall, it's a sound
        oriented album even if it's full of catchy songs with some of her
        most energic edge.

        Top Wire-related songs : Pleasure is all mine, Where is the line, Öll
        Birtan, Submarine, Oceania (perhaps oddest Björk first single and
        olympics wonder moment), Mouth's Cradle and Miðvikudags (end of Öll
        Birtan).