Bjork/Gabriel?

  • spelias@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      While I've never been a fan of Bjork she has often been noted at the
      periphery of my interests. The buzz on her new album intrigues me. I wonder if she's
      ever been involved in any project with Peter Gabriel. It seems they would be
      soulmates of a sort.

      ???
    • Rioual Jc
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        --- spelias@... a écrit :

        ---------------------------------
        > While I've never been a fan of Bjork she has often
        > been noted at the
        > periphery of my interests.

        I am in love with her. Anybody got her mobile number ?

        > The buzz on her new album intrigues me. I wonder if
        > she's
        > ever been involved in any project with Peter
        Gabriel. > It seems they would be
        > soulmates of a sort.
        >
        >???

        2 great artists.
        But the association
        Bjork = Kate Bush ---> Collaboration with Gabriel

        is maybe a bit simple. ;-)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.

      • Vincent Bergeron
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2004
          --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Rioual Jc <jcrioual2@y...> wrote:
          > --- spelias@a... a écrit :
          >
          > ---------------------------------
          > > While I've never been a fan of Bjork she has often
          > > been noted at the
          > > periphery of my interests.
          >
          > I am in love with her. Anybody got her mobile number ?
          >
          > > The buzz on her new album intrigues me. I wonder if
          > > she's
          > > ever been involved in any project with Peter
          > Gabriel. > It seems they would be
          > > soulmates of a sort.
          > >
          > >???
          >
          > 2 great artists.
          > But the association
          > Bjork = Kate Bush ---> Collaboration with Gabriel
          >
          > is maybe a bit simple. ;-)

          If you mean Kate Bush 'The Dreaming', i think there's some sort of
          link between her work and Medúlla album : sort of experimental tribal
          vibe. But, Medúlla is certainly the most Wire-related Björk album!
          It's quiet cerebral by moments. There's even a couple of
          improvisations, something Björk never did before. Ancestors feature
          some really interesting piano with perhaps the first real artistic
          throat singing demonstration (by Tagaq). Overall, it's a sound
          oriented album even if it's full of catchy songs with some of her
          most energic edge.

          Top Wire-related songs : Pleasure is all mine, Where is the line, Öll
          Birtan, Submarine, Oceania (perhaps oddest Björk first single and
          olympics wonder moment), Mouth's Cradle and Miðvikudags (end of Öll
          Birtan).