Re: no more World Serpent

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      Just read a message from Tibet on another list saying that he's going
      to sell his house for £93939.39 or something similar including
      plaques showing where he performed various acts -eating, shitting
      falling permanently out with Steven Stapleton (this bit intrigued me)
      and including a map to an unreleased cd hiden somewhere uin the house.
      Stevo
      Np Stockhausen Mp3s from the Verlag site

      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "gradyfinklemyer"
      <gradyfinklemyer@y...> wrote:
      > Just received the following in an email from Soleilmoon. Uh-oh,
      looks
      > like all the Nurse With Wound stuff will be going out of print.
      >
      > 1. WSD R.I.P.
      >
      > World Serpent Distribution have closed their doors. We first heard
      > the news on August 11, but not wanting to spread false rumors we
      held
      > off saying anything until we could verify what we were told. Our
      > attempts to contact and elicit comment from WSD failed, and
      > additional sources have since confirmed the sad demise of the
      > company. World Serpent were for a long time one of our most
      important
      > suppliers. During the '90s their fortunes flew high, but messy
      > personal politics lead to the departure of several important acts,
      > including Boyd Rice, Death In June, Lustmord and Der Blutharsh. The
      > company survived, but with the general downturn in music sales over
      > the last few years their fortunes began to decline, and many more
      > bands found themselves released and unexpectedly homeless. Nearly
      all
      > of them complained privately of non-payment of royalties. The
      > Legendary Pink Dots aired their grievances on their website in
      March,