Re: [thewire] Re: heavy noisy HEA-VY music

  • R. Lim
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2004
      Try to track down Gerogerigegege's _Tokyo Anal Dynamite_, all of the songs
      are very short bursts of frenetic drumming, jammed-finger bass and noise
      guitar. Includes a great cover of "Boys Don't Cry."

      My question is, when was the last time a rock record was actually
      abrasive? "Upside Down"? Hijokaiden's version of "Silver Machine"?

      -rob

      --
      Janitor From Mars archives and more @ http://www.wfmu.org/~rlim
    • c a c t u s
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2004
        good recent abrasive rock: sightings, flying luttenbachers, burmese, total
        shutdown, fat worm of error, leviathan, boris. >cactus

        My question is, when was the last time a rock record was actually
        abrasive? "Upside Down"? Hijokaiden's version of "Silver Machine"?

        -rob

      • Jim Flannery
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2004
          Sunday, August 8, 2004, 9:21:13 PM, one spoke:

          RL> My question is, when was the last time a rock record was actually
          RL> abrasive? "Upside Down"? Hijokaiden's version of "Silver
          RL> Machine"?

          The Sightings 7" on Freedom From, maybe? Kitschchao's "Peter Stumpf"?

          --
          Jim Flannery
          newgrange@...

          np: a Janitor from Mars archive stream, oddly enough
          nr: David R. Bunch, _Bunch!_
        • Wilson, Carl
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2004
            Incapacitants?