heavy noisy HEA-VY music

  • sarah-michelle geller
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7 9:42 AM
      can anyone recommend band/compositions like 'tourettes' by nirvana and the
      entire 'legion' album by deicide?

      i'm looking for the heaviest, noisiest, most extreme music. for example, i
      don't find cannibal corpse, napalm death or any of those other grindcore,
      death metal bands to be heavy or noisy enough.

      i'm looking for music which is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fast, and
      veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery noisy and frantic, with crazy drumming - everything done
      to the extreme.

      thanks for any help.

    • michael j
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8 5:24 PM
        well, I'm not familiar with the Nirvana or Deicide examples, but
        maybe you should try DISCORDANCE AXIS, MELT BANANA, NAKED CITY,
        FLYING LUTTENBACHERS, 7000 DYING RATS...not sure what you're after
        peace, mj
        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "sarah-michelle geller"
        <sarahmichellegeller@h...> wrote:
        > can anyone recommend band/compositions like 'tourettes' by nirvana
        and the
        > entire 'legion' album by deicide?
        >
        > i'm looking for the heaviest, noisiest, most extreme music. for
        example, i
        > don't find cannibal corpse, napalm death or any of those other
        grindcore,
        > death metal bands to be heavy or noisy enough.
        >
        > i'm looking for music which is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fast, and
        > veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery noisy and frantic, with crazy drumming -
        everything done
        > to the extreme.
        >
        > thanks for any help.

      • R. Lim
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8 9:21 PM
          Try to track down Gerogerigegege's _Tokyo Anal Dynamite_, all of the songs
          are very short bursts of frenetic drumming, jammed-finger bass and noise
          guitar. Includes a great cover of "Boys Don't Cry."

          My question is, when was the last time a rock record was actually
          abrasive? "Upside Down"? Hijokaiden's version of "Silver Machine"?

          -rob

          --
          Janitor From Mars archives and more @ http://www.wfmu.org/~rlim
        • c a c t u s
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8 9:38 PM
            good recent abrasive rock: sightings, flying luttenbachers, burmese, total
            shutdown, fat worm of error, leviathan, boris. >cactus

            My question is, when was the last time a rock record was actually
            abrasive? "Upside Down"? Hijokaiden's version of "Silver Machine"?

            -rob

          • Jim Flannery
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9 12:35 AM
              Sunday, August 8, 2004, 9:21:13 PM, one spoke:

              RL> My question is, when was the last time a rock record was actually
              RL> abrasive? "Upside Down"? Hijokaiden's version of "Silver
              RL> Machine"?

              The Sightings 7" on Freedom From, maybe? Kitschchao's "Peter Stumpf"?

              --
              Jim Flannery
              newgrange@...

              np: a Janitor from Mars archive stream, oddly enough
              nr: David R. Bunch, _Bunch!_
            • Wilson, Carl
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9 11:32 AM
                Incapacitants?