Crazy question about a mystery 7"

  • jamello@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
      Not much to go on here but figured I'd ask the experts...

      About five years ago, I bought a cool 7" single off the new releases wall at
      Rough Trade in London. The record doesn't list the artist/song titles and I
      don't remember the name listed on store wall display. Here are some details:

      - it's on Acupuncture Records, released 1999.
      - one side is a crazy Raymond Scott/Foetus-type big band cartoon music
      track; the other side is a great funky track with the only vocals being a girl
      repeatedly singing "ding ding dong, ding-ding-ding-ding ding dong."
      - plain brown cardboard sleeve with red vertical stripes on each side, large
      hole to show the record label.
      - on one side, the label has a drawing of a head of a tribal-looking
      four-eyed character. The other side has a large "A" in the center with ACU-REC*S
      underneath. Copy ringing the label are the words "Edited at Black Lodge
      Studios for Acupuncture Records 1999 ACU1".
      - Etched in the run-off groove is AH 15711.

      I emailed the Rough Trade folks and they said it might be a band called the
      Flying Medallions. Does anyone have any clue?

      Thanks.

      Jack

    • keefycub
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004