Re: sonys ok with ralph2319311

  • keefycub
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2004
      Well, perhaps someone who yammers on endlessly on mailing lists would
      drive those people who are so insecure with themselves that they
      *must* try to get some sort of supposedly clever one-liner in rather
      than actually discussing anything -- and we've all seen those sorts
      of people, especially those people who appear never to have posted
      before the said one-liner -- to go off and write blahgs. This on the
      surface appears to be a good thing for the one-linerer, because they
      can pontificate exactly like the yammerer with the added bonus of not
      having to interact with people who might actually want to have a
      conversation. It seems to me that it doesn't touch the yammerer, as
      the yammerer will yammer all he wants. After all, a yammerer with
      style and panache can be highly entertaining, but there's always the
      delete key if someone isn't entertained or doesn't feel like having a
      discussion.

      I've often wondered what could be done to get those people who think
      they're being clever with the one-liners (but in reality are just
      pulling a tired old move that went out back when AOL was text only)
      not to wear out people's delete keys, but it seems such a small
      problem in the grand scheme of things, actually. Perhaps you're
      right in that a blahg might be the perfect solution for those
      people. I didn't really consider that it might be a way to deal with
      personal issues, but now that I think about it, it would be great
      therapy -- all the blahgger would have to do is to whip out his blahg
      for his analyst, and as a reward he could get a 10-year supply of the
      mind-altering, mood-swinging drug currently in vogue. He could wash
      them down with Too Much Of His Favorite Liqueur and follow his bliss
      into the sunset.

      K.

      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, srooney@n... wrote:
      > > Hahahaha. Well, it is a blog after all (which might as well be
      spelled
      > > blahg). I wonder what makes people feel that they are So
      Important that
      > > someone would actually want to read everything they write from
      day to
      > > day.
      >
      > the same type of person who yammers on endlessly on mailing lists.
      that's