RE: [thewire] Pretentious?

  • Steeples Paul (Mr PW)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
      >Or the prat who did a dbl-disc compiled from 60 yrs of the radio-broadcasts
      of the two minutes silence during
      >the annual Remembrance Day ceremony in LOndon.

      The two minutes silence thing was Kenotaphion by Jonty Semper. I quite
      enjoyed it, particularly since the "silence" rarely was one - as well as
      natural sounds like leaves or wind there were unnatural ones like a
      helicopter and sounds associated with broadcast, transmission and
      reproduction (including someone reading a poem). The way in which the sound
      of the strokes of Big Ben varied year on year was also interesting.

      But then, all my friends think I'm pretentious anyway...

      The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

      On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free