Gun Club reissues

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      I found out a coupla days back that the Gun Club are getting the
      Animal years material reissued . That news is confirmed further here,
      though I'd really hoped for bonus tracks
      http://www.sympathyrecords.com/news/index.html#gun

      Am I imaginig it or does a lot of the description there echo what's
      written here
      http://www.furious.com/perfect/gunclub.html
      at all?

      I'm just wondering what people who know the band think of this
      description 'Those lps are pretty psychy BTW. Miami sounds like the
      Doors playing country and Las Vegas Story has pretty QMS/Television
      guitar all over it'
      which I used in a post conveyiong the message to other lists, cos
      somebody elsewhere said he couldn't hear anything psychy about a band
      that I'd always found had it as a central part of their sound.
      He also said that he couldn't see the individual band comparisons.
      For the 2nd one I always find attempts at Coltrane/New Thing jazz on
      rock guitar remind me of those 2 bands, I find the atmosphere on
      Miami pretty Doorsy.
      Stevo
      Np Golden Dawn Power PLant Starvation