Praemedia News for June 2004

  • Praemedia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2004
      Praemedia News for June, 2004

      Ye Olde Shoppe

      Well, we�ve finally gone and done it. After a few
      months of collecting some great CDs, and a few more
      months of Lance struggling desperately with his
      limited HTML skills to come up with something
      reasonable, we have completed building a brand new
      WEBSHOP. Not only do we carry our own Praemedia
      releases, but also releases from independent labels
      all over the world which currently fascinate us,
      including Flyrec, Improvised Music from Japan,
      Post-Concrete, Cycling 74, Accretions, Headz, Cubic
      Music and many, many more. Check it out at

      Magic Maple, all and sundry

      Blevin Blectum�s �Magic Maple� is going....well, like
      maple syrup. Weddings,computer crashes, volcanoes and
      other natural disasters have delayed its release, but
      we�re coming close folks. We�ll let you know when it
      is all ready. The new disc and dvd by Sagan is coming
      along fabulously as well, and should be released
      sometime before the year is out by Vague Terrain.
      Speaking (vaguely) of friends and family, cruise on
      over to http://brainwashed.com/matmos/news.html for
      some beautiful MP3s of Matmos in collaboration with
      Sagan, Wobbly, Thomas Dimuzio and many more.

      Jiffy Scuttler

      JIFFY SCUTTLER, the new monthly music series in San
      Francisco curated by Blevin Blectum, Lesser, Sean
      Rooney and Lance Grabmiller is going strong. The last
      Friday of every month at the RX gallery....oh hell,
      just go here - http://jiffyscuttler.praemedia.com for
      all the ever changing information. So far we�ve
      welcomed Carl Stone, Pepito, The Dick Slessig Combo,
      The Blithe Sons, Wobbly and Tim Perkis, with so much
      more to come! On June 25th, we�ll host William
      Winnant, Skizmatic and Circuit73 and coming up on July
      30th will be Hrvatski, Kendra Juul and Philip
      Sherburne. Watch the JiffyScuttler website for all the
      latest news.

      Stars Like Fleas

      The new Stars Like Fleas website is looking fabulous!
      Check it out at http://slf.praemedia.com Also, be
      sure to check out the crazy interview in Splendidzine
      (http://www.splendidezine.com/features/slf/) and
      Shannon Fields� amazing �vision� for the Diagram sound
      issue (http://thediagram.com/3_6/) which was recently
      mentioned in the Wire. Somewhere in the bowels of
      Brooklyn a new Stars Like Fleas album is taking shape.
      In the meantime, never pass up an opportunity to see
      Shannon Fields in rock-star guise as the guitarist for
      The Silent League (http://www.thesilentleague.com/).

      Tim Perkis

      Over the last few months, Tim has been playing
      fascinating duets all over the bay area with our good
      friend Wobbly. Rumor has it that some of this material
      will see the light of day as part of an expanded
      re-release of Tim�s �Perkolator� (originally released
      as a limited edition CDR in 1999 by Limited Sedition -

      Lance Grabmiller

      Do you Yahoo!?