Re: [thewire] can the wire drop the arthur russell thing already?

  • James Duncan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
      its a nice day. relax. go outside.

      enjoy yourself.

      - a typical new yorker

      --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
      > this is the wire list. i am talking about written
      > coverage,
      > specifically in the wire.
      > on the other hand the idea that "every bass player
      > in NYC " would be
      > enough is a typical attitude of a new yorker. some
      > of great bass
      > players ( and other musicians of course) live in new
      > york, most do not.
      > seems obvious, but still needs to be be said once
      > and while.
      > damon
      >
      > On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:41 AM, James Duncan wrote:
      >
      > > so the recent vision fest tribute/dedication, a
      > recent
      > > write up in the Sunday NY Times and a tribute
      > concert
      > > last year with Alan Silva, William Parker ,Juni
      > Booth,
      > > Sirone and pretty well every bass player in NYC
      > wasnt
      > > enough?
      > >
      > > please, lets not get into "my tribute is better
      > than
      > > your tribute"...please, ok?.
      > >
      > > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
      > >> you want to talk about not getting due? how about
      > >> real article on peter
      > >> kowald!!??

      > due
      > >> his

      > >> records.
      > >> 'cellists?
      > >> mark
      > certain

      > Messenger.

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • Дмитрий Ухов
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
        Certainly, the Wire would note the death of Steve Lacy (and,may be, Robert
        Quione and Elvin Jones), bit how about John la Porta?
        A Russian poet wrote:
        We respect our dead the much
        that I'd also better lay down and die
        dmitry
      • Juan Manuel Freire
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 15, 2004
          Hi fellas,

          I'll be in London from saturday to wednesday... Any
          reccomendation in terms of gigs and clubs? I've
          already bought tickets for Nina Nastasia and Bright
          Eyes' concerts.

          Thanks a lot
          Juan M

          Yahoo! lanza su nueva tecnología de búsquedas
          ¿te atreves a comparar?
          http://busquedas.yahoo.es