Re: [thewire] can the wire drop the arthur russell thing already?

  • damon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
      this is the wire list. i am talking about written coverage,
      specifically in the wire.
      on the other hand the idea that "every bass player in NYC " would be
      enough is a typical attitude of a new yorker. some of great bass
      players ( and other musicians of course) live in new york, most do not.
      seems obvious, but still needs to be be said once and while.
      damon

      On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:41 AM, James Duncan wrote:

      > so the recent vision fest tribute/dedication, a recent
      > write up in the Sunday NY Times and a tribute concert
      > last year with Alan Silva, William Parker ,Juni Booth,
      > Sirone and pretty well every bass player in NYC wasnt
      > enough?
      >
      > please, lets not get into "my tribute is better than
      > your tribute"...please, ok?.
      >
      > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
      >> you want to talk about not getting due? how about
      >> real article on peter
      >> kowald!!??
      >> On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:14 AM, James Duncan wrote:
      >>
      >>> yeah but finally someone who was (long over-) due
      >> his
      >>> due is actually getting his due.
      >>>
      >>> thats a good thing no matter how you slice it.

      >> records.
      >> 'cellists?
      >> mark

    • James Duncan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
        its a nice day. relax. go outside.

        enjoy yourself.

        - a typical new yorker

        --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
        > this is the wire list. i am talking about written
        > coverage,
        > specifically in the wire.
        > on the other hand the idea that "every bass player
        > in NYC " would be
        > enough is a typical attitude of a new yorker. some
        > of great bass
        > players ( and other musicians of course) live in new
        > york, most do not.
        > seems obvious, but still needs to be be said once
        > and while.
        > damon
        >
        > On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:41 AM, James Duncan wrote:
        >
        > > so the recent vision fest tribute/dedication, a
        > recent
        > > write up in the Sunday NY Times and a tribute
        > concert
        > > last year with Alan Silva, William Parker ,Juni
        > Booth,
        > > Sirone and pretty well every bass player in NYC
        > wasnt
        > > enough?
        > >
        > > please, lets not get into "my tribute is better
        > than
        > > your tribute"...please, ok?.
        > >
        > > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
        > >> you want to talk about not getting due? how about
        > >> real article on peter
        > >> kowald!!??

        > due
        > >> his

        > >> records.
        > >> 'cellists?
        > >> mark
        > certain

        > Messenger.

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
      • Дмитрий Ухов
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
          Certainly, the Wire would note the death of Steve Lacy (and,may be, Robert
          Quione and Elvin Jones), bit how about John la Porta?
          A Russian poet wrote:
          We respect our dead the much
          that I'd also better lay down and die
          dmitry
        • Juan Manuel Freire
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 15, 2004
            Hi fellas,

            I'll be in London from saturday to wednesday... Any
            reccomendation in terms of gigs and clubs? I've
            already bought tickets for Nina Nastasia and Bright
            Eyes' concerts.

            Thanks a lot
            Juan M

            Yahoo! lanza su nueva tecnología de búsquedas
            ¿te atreves a comparar?
            http://busquedas.yahoo.es