can the wire drop the arthur russell thing already?

  • damon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
      ok, he was a great 'cellist and made disco records. WE GET IT!!! how
      about talking about some undersung living 'cellists? günter christamnn,
      micheal moser, uli winter, hugh livingston, mark wastell, peggy lee,
      fred lonberg-holm, etc.
      it gets tiresome how the wire fixates on certain characters for months.
      damon
    • James Duncan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
        yeah but finally someone who was (long over-) due his
        due is actually getting his due.

        thats a good thing no matter how you slice it.

        --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
        > ok, he was a great 'cellist and made disco records.
        > WE GET IT!!! how
        > about talking about some undersung living 'cellists?
        > g�nter christamnn,
        > micheal moser, uli winter, hugh livingston, mark
        > wastell, peggy lee,
        > fred lonberg-holm, etc.
        > it gets tiresome how the wire fixates on certain
        > characters for months.
        > damon

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
      • damon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
          you want to talk about not getting due? how about real article on peter
          kowald!!??
          On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:14 AM, James Duncan wrote:

          > yeah but finally someone who was (long over-) due his
          > due is actually getting his due.
          >
          > thats a good thing no matter how you slice it.
          >
          > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
          >> ok, he was a great 'cellist and made disco records.
          >> WE GET IT!!! how
          >> about talking about some undersung living 'cellists?
          >> günter christamnn,
          >> micheal moser, uli winter, hugh livingston, mark
          >> wastell, peggy lee,
          >> fred lonberg-holm, etc.
          >> it gets tiresome how the wire fixates on certain
          >> characters for months.
          >> damon

        • James Duncan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
            so the recent vision fest tribute/dedication, a recent
            write up in the Sunday NY Times and a tribute concert
            last year with Alan Silva, William Parker ,Juni Booth,
            Sirone and pretty well every bass player in NYC wasnt
            enough?

            please, lets not get into "my tribute is better than
            your tribute"...please, ok?.

            --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
            > you want to talk about not getting due? how about
            > real article on peter
            > kowald!!??
            > On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:14 AM, James Duncan wrote:
            >
            > > yeah but finally someone who was (long over-) due
            > his
            > > due is actually getting his due.
            > >
            > > thats a good thing no matter how you slice it.
            > >
            > > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
            > >> ok, he was a great 'cellist and made disco
            > records.
            > >> WE GET IT!!! how
            > >> about talking about some undersung living
            > 'cellists?
            > >> g�nter christamnn,
            > >> micheal moser, uli winter, hugh livingston,
            > mark
            > >> wastell, peggy lee,
            > >> fred lonberg-holm, etc.
            > >> it gets tiresome how the wire fixates on certain
            > >> characters for months.
            > >> damon

            http://messenger.yahoo.com/
          • damon
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
              this is the wire list. i am talking about written coverage,
              specifically in the wire.
              on the other hand the idea that "every bass player in NYC " would be
              enough is a typical attitude of a new yorker. some of great bass
              players ( and other musicians of course) live in new york, most do not.
              seems obvious, but still needs to be be said once and while.
              damon

              On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:41 AM, James Duncan wrote:

              > so the recent vision fest tribute/dedication, a recent
              > write up in the Sunday NY Times and a tribute concert
              > last year with Alan Silva, William Parker ,Juni Booth,
              > Sirone and pretty well every bass player in NYC wasnt
              > enough?
              >
              > please, lets not get into "my tribute is better than
              > your tribute"...please, ok?.
              >
              > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
              >> you want to talk about not getting due? how about
              >> real article on peter
              >> kowald!!??
              >> On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:14 AM, James Duncan wrote:
              >>
              >>> yeah but finally someone who was (long over-) due
              >> his
              >>> due is actually getting his due.
              >>>
              >>> thats a good thing no matter how you slice it.

              >> records.
              >> 'cellists?
              >> mark

            • James Duncan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
                its a nice day. relax. go outside.

                enjoy yourself.

                - a typical new yorker

                --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
                > this is the wire list. i am talking about written
                > coverage,
                > specifically in the wire.
                > on the other hand the idea that "every bass player
                > in NYC " would be
                > enough is a typical attitude of a new yorker. some
                > of great bass
                > players ( and other musicians of course) live in new
                > york, most do not.
                > seems obvious, but still needs to be be said once
                > and while.
                > damon
                >
                > On Jun 11, 2004, at 10:41 AM, James Duncan wrote:
                >
                > > so the recent vision fest tribute/dedication, a
                > recent
                > > write up in the Sunday NY Times and a tribute
                > concert
                > > last year with Alan Silva, William Parker ,Juni
                > Booth,
                > > Sirone and pretty well every bass player in NYC
                > wasnt
                > > enough?
                > >
                > > please, lets not get into "my tribute is better
                > than
                > > your tribute"...please, ok?.
                > >
                > > --- damon <damon@...> wrote:
                > >> you want to talk about not getting due? how about
                > >> real article on peter
                > >> kowald!!??

                > due
                > >> his

                > >> records.
                > >> 'cellists?
                > >> mark
                > certain

                > Messenger.

                http://messenger.yahoo.com/
              • Дмитрий Ухов
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 11, 2004
                  Certainly, the Wire would note the death of Steve Lacy (and,may be, Robert
                  Quione and Elvin Jones), bit how about John la Porta?
                  A Russian poet wrote:
                  We respect our dead the much
                  that I'd also better lay down and die
                  dmitry
                • Juan Manuel Freire
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 15, 2004
                    Hi fellas,

                    I'll be in London from saturday to wednesday... Any
                    reccomendation in terms of gigs and clubs? I've
                    already bought tickets for Nina Nastasia and Bright
                    Eyes' concerts.

                    Thanks a lot
                    Juan M

                    Yahoo! lanza su nueva tecnología de búsquedas
                    ¿te atreves a comparar?
                    http://busquedas.yahoo.es