FW: [Gr]Robert Quine - RIP (po lastni izbiri)

  • luka zagoricnik
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7 8:43 AM
      In addition to latest sad news along with the death of Steve Lacy on friday
      4th of June i also recieved this one:

      >To To those in the know, Robert Quine is one of the most original and
      >influential guitarists of the past 25 years. A founding member of the
      >groundbreaking punk rock ensemble, Richard Hell & the Voidoids, Quine has
      >gone on to collaborate with a diverse array of musicians during his career,
      >including: Lou Reed, Brian Eno, John Zorn, Matthew Sweet, Tom Waits, Lloyd
      >Cole, They Might Be Giants, and Marianne Faithfull. those in the know,
      >Robert Quine is one of the most original and influential guitarists of the
      >past 25 years. A founding member of the groundbreaking punk rock ensemble,
      >Richard Hell & the Voidoids, Quine has gone on to collaborate with a
      >diverse
      >array of musicians during his career, including: Lou Reed, Brian Eno, John
      >Zorn, Matthew Sweet, Tom Waits, Lloyd Cole, They Might Be Giants, and
      >Marianne Faithfull. To those in the know, Robert Quine is one of the most
      >original and influential guitarists of the past 25 years. A founding member
      >of the groundbreaking punk rock ensemble, Richard Hell & the Voidoids,
      >Quine
      >has gone on to collaborate with a diverse array of musicians during his
      >career, including: Lou Reed, Brian Eno, John Zorn, Matthew Sweet, Tom
      >Waits,
      >Lloyd Cole, They Might Be Giants, and Marianne Faithfull....

    • Ryan K. Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7 6:33 PM
        Whoa.. I hadn't heard about the passing of Steve Lacy. It's really too
        bad. I've been listening to his recent album "Work" non-stop in my car
        for the past couple of weeks. Brilliant pieces.

        I believe he did an album with Evan Parker at some point. Does anyone
        know what this might be?

        RJ