New artists wanted - Hand on the Plow

  • Steven Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2004
      "Beckett and Taylor transform the statement ("work it") from a House Cliché into an artistic manifesto."
      - The Wire Magazine

      Hi,

      We at Hand on the Plow records are looking for new artists, if you're
      not familiar with our music then take a listen to snippets of our
      first release here - http://www.handontheplow.org/hotp001.htm

      We like modern, soulful, electronic and non-electronic music with
      personality and often vocals.

      If you are interested contact details are available here -
      http://www.handontheplow.org/contact.htm

      Cheers

      Steve Taylor - info@...
      http://www.handontheplow.org

      Some of our recent press:

      "Beckett and Taylor transform the statement ("work it") from a House Cliché into an artistic manifesto."
      - The Wire Magazine

      "the best record I've been sent in six months"
      - Matthew Herbert

      "What a follow up after the first ep. HotP is and remains one of the best labels in England, and although we now know it,
      we still cannot quite fathom its potential."
      - De:Bug Magazine

      "...an excellent little slice of genre-splicing and electro-eclectism. inventive and insane in equal measure."
      - Absorb.org

      "You reap what you sow, this duo's garden is growing greener than just about any record I've heard this year."
      - Philip Sherburne, Needledrops

      The second release from the extremely promising London house label Hand on the Plow, cut-up has rarely been so palatable.
      - PitchforkMedia.com