RE: [thewire] Re: Re-TG

  • Herbert Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2004
      >I don't know the location but just wanted to express my anger about
      the producers who canceled the event two weeks before the date ,
      knowing that lots of people around the world already paid for flight
      hotels etc. I hope they will lose all their buisness and bunkrupt as
      soon as possible.

      I really hope they don't, foundation have an enviable reputation for
      promoting excellent gigs and the outstanding atp festival which year on
      year has been a constant source of delight and inspiration. I'm sure
      they are as bitterly disappointed at having to reschedule the event as
      many of those who hoped to attend but they are not fly by night
      racketeers - think about how tight the margins are trying to stage 3
      days of bands of this calibre plus accommodation for less than it costs
      for a similar spell in a grotty b&b.

      >"Despite good sales for the event (in excess of 1600 tickets),
      unexpected cost rises and scheduling complications would have required
      the festival virtually to sell out before enough funds were generated to
      stage the RE~TG festival in the manner originally intended by T.G, Paul
      Smith and Foundation ."

      While it doesn't compensate people from travelling from distant shores
      at least they care enough to offer a conciliatory event in addition to
      admission to the re-scheduled festival, something I doubt your average
      promoter would bother with. I know it must be disheartening for people
      who were looking forward to seeing TG this spring but I've always been
      impressed with the level of commitment and organisation at events I've
      attended so I'm going to stick up for them a little.

      Jean-Christophe: according to the website ticket holders should have
      been emailed with the details of the session. I hope your friends can
      make it and salvage something from their weekend.

      <http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=165>
      http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=165

    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2004
        Maybe Gen couldn't find a suitable bra for the occasion. He wanted
        to premier his new boobies in style.

        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert Chris" <c.herbert@f...>