Re: [thewire] Re-TG

  • Rioual Jc
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2004
      Hi all,

      Following the annulation of the Re-TG festival in the
      UK,
      an announced has been made that there would in London
      a live recording of Throbbing Gristle for the owners
      of a ticket to the festival.

      But no more information on the location....

      I was not planning to go to the festival myself but
      some of my friends are coming from France especially
      for the
      occasion and they cannot cancel their flight ticket.
      :-(

      Any help welcome

      Jean-Christophe

    • Urix93
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2004
        I don't know the location but just wanted to express my anger about
        the producers who canceled the event two weeks before the date ,
        knowing that lots of people around the world already paid for flight
        hotels etc. I hope they will lose all their buisness and bunkrupt as
        soon as possible.

        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Rioual Jc <jcrioual2@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Following the annulation of the Re-TG festival in the
        > UK,
        > an announced has been made that there would in London
        > a live recording of Throbbing Gristle for the owners
        > of a ticket to the festival.
        >
        > But no more information on the location....
        >
        > I was not planning to go to the festival myself but
        > some of my friends are coming from France especially
        > for the
        > occasion and they cannot cancel their flight ticket.
        > :-(
        >
        > Any help welcome
        >
        > Jean-Christophe
        >

        > Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit
        partout !
        > Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/
        >
        > Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !
        Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
      • Herbert Chris
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2004
          >I don't know the location but just wanted to express my anger about
          the producers who canceled the event two weeks before the date ,
          knowing that lots of people around the world already paid for flight
          hotels etc. I hope they will lose all their buisness and bunkrupt as
          soon as possible.

          I really hope they don't, foundation have an enviable reputation for
          promoting excellent gigs and the outstanding atp festival which year on
          year has been a constant source of delight and inspiration. I'm sure
          they are as bitterly disappointed at having to reschedule the event as
          many of those who hoped to attend but they are not fly by night
          racketeers - think about how tight the margins are trying to stage 3
          days of bands of this calibre plus accommodation for less than it costs
          for a similar spell in a grotty b&b.

          >"Despite good sales for the event (in excess of 1600 tickets),
          unexpected cost rises and scheduling complications would have required
          the festival virtually to sell out before enough funds were generated to
          stage the RE~TG festival in the manner originally intended by T.G, Paul
          Smith and Foundation ."

          While it doesn't compensate people from travelling from distant shores
          at least they care enough to offer a conciliatory event in addition to
          admission to the re-scheduled festival, something I doubt your average
          promoter would bother with. I know it must be disheartening for people
          who were looking forward to seeing TG this spring but I've always been
          impressed with the level of commitment and organisation at events I've
          attended so I'm going to stick up for them a little.

          Jean-Christophe: according to the website ticket holders should have
          been emailed with the details of the session. I hope your friends can
          make it and salvage something from their weekend.

          <http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=165>
          http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=165

        • gradyfinklemyer
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2004
            Maybe Gen couldn't find a suitable bra for the occasion. He wanted
            to premier his new boobies in style.

            --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert Chris" <c.herbert@f...>