Skip to search.

concert listings, Saturday 15 May 2004

  • lmcltd
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      ***
      Robyn Hitchcock... elder statesman of English eccentricty
      The Killer Bs... out-there nu- blues act
      Philip Howard... award winning young classical pianist
      Nathaniel Catchpole, Jamie Coleman & Eddie Prevost... grade-A free-jazz trio
      Tara Jaff... exquisite Kurdish harpist
      Mark Browning (Ox)... brilliant up & coming Canadian singer-songwriter
      DJ Wrongspeed... the underground DJ's underground DJ

      are just a few of the performers in this special festival
      ***

      Second Sight
      a celebration of the 2nd anniversary of Resonance104.4fm
      (the best radio station in the world)

      Saturday 15 May at 7pm
      Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, Holborn, London WC1
      FREE!

      LIVE MUSIC BY: Avant Gardeners + Steve Beresford, Andy Keep & Paul May +
      Mark Browning (Ox) + Nathaniel Catchpole, Jamie Coleman & Eddie Prevost +
      Viv Corringham & Marj McDaid + Angharad Davies & Ben Drew + Iris Garrelfs +
      Luke Garwood + Robyn Hitchcock + Paul Hood & Michael Rodgers + Philip
      Howard + Tara Jaff + I am a Kamura + key + The Killer Bs + Dimitri Pieri &
      Chris Weaver + Salt + Son of Dave + Veryan Weston

      DJs: Jim Backhouse, Paul B Davies, Magz Hall, DJ Wrongspeed

      SPOKEN WORD WITH: Jonny Brown, Tam Dean Burn, Carla Gregory, Harry Haward,
      Rob Holloway, Catherine Hoffman, Frank Key

      PLUS: Real ale bar, Resonance104.4fm product stall (new t-shirts, CDs, slip
      mats and more).
      FREE: donations very welcome, large and small.

      'The best radio station in London.' The Guardian
      'Lock the dial on 104.4 FM and leave it there.' The Evening Standard
      'An ad-free oasis of sonic experimentation and audio art.' Dazed and Confused
      'A loosely structured laboratory for artists of all kinds to reimagine what
      radio can be.' Artforum
      'A glorious experiment that everyone in the country deserves the chance to
      hear.' The Independent
      'A London radio station currently rewriting the rules of mainstream
      broadcasting.' Metro
      'Less talking about the arts, and more of the art itself.' The Daily Telegraph
      'Less a radio station than a living art installation.' Harpers & Queen

      -------------
      PRESS ENQUIRIES: Ed on 020 7403 1922 or Knut on 020 7836 3664
      -------------
    • Rioual Jc
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2004
        Hi all,

        Following the annulation of the Re-TG festival in the
        UK,
        an announced has been made that there would in London
        a live recording of Throbbing Gristle for the owners
        of a ticket to the festival.

        But no more information on the location....

        I was not planning to go to the festival myself but
        some of my friends are coming from France especially
        for the
        occasion and they cannot cancel their flight ticket.
        :-(

        Any help welcome

        Jean-Christophe

      • Urix93
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2004
          I don't know the location but just wanted to express my anger about
          the producers who canceled the event two weeks before the date ,
          knowing that lots of people around the world already paid for flight
          hotels etc. I hope they will lose all their buisness and bunkrupt as
          soon as possible.

          --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Rioual Jc <jcrioual2@y...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Following the annulation of the Re-TG festival in the
          > UK,
          > an announced has been made that there would in London
          > a live recording of Throbbing Gristle for the owners
          > of a ticket to the festival.
          >
          > But no more information on the location....
          >
          > I was not planning to go to the festival myself but
          > some of my friends are coming from France especially
          > for the
          > occasion and they cannot cancel their flight ticket.
          > :-(
          >
          > Any help welcome
          >
          > Jean-Christophe
          >

          > Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit
          partout !
          > Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/
          >
          > Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !
          Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
        • Herbert Chris
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2004
            >I don't know the location but just wanted to express my anger about
            the producers who canceled the event two weeks before the date ,
            knowing that lots of people around the world already paid for flight
            hotels etc. I hope they will lose all their buisness and bunkrupt as
            soon as possible.

            I really hope they don't, foundation have an enviable reputation for
            promoting excellent gigs and the outstanding atp festival which year on
            year has been a constant source of delight and inspiration. I'm sure
            they are as bitterly disappointed at having to reschedule the event as
            many of those who hoped to attend but they are not fly by night
            racketeers - think about how tight the margins are trying to stage 3
            days of bands of this calibre plus accommodation for less than it costs
            for a similar spell in a grotty b&b.

            >"Despite good sales for the event (in excess of 1600 tickets),
            unexpected cost rises and scheduling complications would have required
            the festival virtually to sell out before enough funds were generated to
            stage the RE~TG festival in the manner originally intended by T.G, Paul
            Smith and Foundation ."

            While it doesn't compensate people from travelling from distant shores
            at least they care enough to offer a conciliatory event in addition to
            admission to the re-scheduled festival, something I doubt your average
            promoter would bother with. I know it must be disheartening for people
            who were looking forward to seeing TG this spring but I've always been
            impressed with the level of commitment and organisation at events I've
            attended so I'm going to stick up for them a little.

            Jean-Christophe: according to the website ticket holders should have
            been emailed with the details of the session. I hope your friends can
            make it and salvage something from their weekend.

            <http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=165>
            http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=165

          • gradyfinklemyer
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2004
              Maybe Gen couldn't find a suitable bra for the occasion. He wanted
              to premier his new boobies in style.

              --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Herbert Chris" <c.herbert@f...>