Oz

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2004
      I've just been trying to find out about antipodean psych/prog era
      stuff.
      I've just ordered the cds by Khavas Jute, Blackfeather and McPhee
      from Akarma and The Missing LInks compi from Half a Cow and have been
      wondering about several other bands.
      Does anybody know anything about

      Space Farm
      Human Instinct
      Bakery
      Buffalo
      Pirana
      Tamam Shud
      or Spectrum?
      and what else would people reccommend?

      I also love the 80s stuff by the Birthday Party, Moodists, Scientists
      and I ought to check out a few others. Grong GRong always sounded
      like they ought to be interesting. So did Ollie OLsen. Am I missing
      anything else fantabulous?
      Stevo
      Np Can Soundtracks Mother Sky
    • philT
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2004
        > I also love the 80s stuff by the Birthday Party, Moodists, Scientists
        > and I ought to check out a few others. Grong GRong always sounded
        > like they ought to be interesting. So did Ollie OLsen. Am I missing
        > anything else fantabulous?
        > Stevo

        try the australian post-punk comp "Can't Stop It" from chapter - reviewed in
        the Wire ages ago (it's out of print though). also the 2 cd comp of more
        rocky obscure things called "Tales from the Australian Underground" that
        should be more easy to find. and you can check out my web pages as linked
        below for more.

        regards,

        philT

        http://www.users.bigpond.com/pturnbul/nns_band.htm