TG in the 'hood?

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Last Friday's Guardian had this Throbbing Gristle article in
      http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q423638E7

      I was intrigued by this comment from Genesis
      " was in the Lower East Side recently and a dreadlocked kid came up
      to me and said, "You're Genesis, aren't you? I'm a hip-hop DJ and we
      use TG all the time." It turns out that there's a huge community of
      African-American musicians whose main influence is Throbbing
      Gristle."

      I wonder if somebody stumbled over a copy of 20 Jazz Funk Greats and
      took the title literally, only to find somdething more interesting
      inside. Probably unlikely, the group look double plus unfunky on the
      cover. Cabaret Voltaire etc seem to have had some influence elsewhere.
      Could it be the eclecticism of 99 records shop?
      Stevo
      Np Semiramis Dedicato a Frazz