Deleuze tribute(s)

  • Simon Fay
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2004
      I have the Scanner, Oval et al 'Double Articulation'
      "remix" of 'Folds & Rhizomes' on Sub Rosa, like it,
      wondering if the original is worth the fee too.

      ta

      SF

    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2004
        It's ok. The Mouse On Mars and Main tracks are the ones I like
        best. The Main track is pretty varied, as far as Main tracks go.
        There's nice droning, then crackly ambience, then low whooshing, then
        more higher pitched ambience. It's a good one. The Oval track is ok
        too. Starts with a drone then goes into the skipping cds bit. The
        Scammer track sucks, as usual.

        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Simon Fay <simonfay2001@y...> wrote:
        > I have the Scanner, Oval et al 'Double Articulation'
        > "remix" of 'Folds & Rhizomes' on Sub Rosa, like it,
        > wondering if the original is worth the fee too.
        >
        > ta
        >
        > SF

        > BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and
        save £80 http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk
      • John Jones
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
          I think this release is not too good, personally -
          only liked the MOM track - the Main and Oval tracks, I
          though, were below par; as for Scanner, I can't
          believe he's still going.

          Personally, I think the double CD In Memorium Gillez
          Deleuze is a much better release, though I haven't
          actually listened to it for a while, so don't know how
          well/badly it has dated.

          --- gradyfinklemyer <gradyfinklemyer@...>
          wrote: > It's ok. The Mouse On Mars and Main tracks
          are the
          > ones I like
          > best. The Main track is pretty varied, as far as
          > Main tracks go.
          > There's nice droning, then crackly ambience, then
          > low whooshing, then
          > more higher pitched ambience. It's a good one. The
          > Oval track is ok
          > too. Starts with a drone then goes into the skipping
          > cds bit. The
          > Scammer track sucks, as usual.
          >
          > --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Simon Fay
          > <simonfay2001@y...> wrote:
          > > I have the Scanner, Oval et al 'Double
          > Articulation'
          > > "remix" of 'Folds & Rhizomes' on Sub Rosa, like
          > it,
          > > wondering if the original is worth the fee too.
          > >
          > > ta
          > >
          > > SF

          > > BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up
          > online today and
          > save £80 http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

        • Rioual Jc
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
            I wonder if someone can explain me the origin
            of their symbol.
            (This little character with one eye)

            I found a similar symbol in a book by Frances Yates
            on Renaissance philosophy.

            Jc

          • Martin Johansson
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
              I’ve heard that the symbol can be found at Stonehenge but I’ll guess that’s
              BS and I think they’ve made the symbol up themselves. It’s just a man or
              woman with a sunwheel as head but I guess I could be wrong…

              /Mrtn

              I wonder if someone can explain me the origin
              of their symbol.
              (This little character with one eye)

              I found a similar symbol in a book by Frances Yates
              on Renaissance philosophy.

              Jc

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • François Couture
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                > From: John Jones <jahminguk@...>

                snip

                > though, were below par; as for Scanner, I can't
                > believe he's still going.

                snip

                I agree: Scanner's output has been very weak lately. But there's one
                exception worth pointing out: his limited-edition CDR on Mr. Mutt (the label
                ran by Tu M'). Title is Publicphono and it's a rewarding piece.

                My 2 cents

                Francois Couture

                np: Sophie Agnel & Olivier Benoit: Rip-stop (In Situ)
              • jamello@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                  Check out the cover of the new liars single...

                  http://www.mute.com/liars/index.html

                • Rioual Jc
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                    Here it is ! I found it on the web.

                    http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/occult/john_dee.html

                    --- Martin Johansson <hemjohansson@...> a écrit
                    :
                    ---------------------------------
                    I’ve heard that the symbol can be found at Stonehenge
                    but I’ll guess that’s
                    BS and I think they’ve made the symbol up themselves.
                    It’s just a man or
                    woman with a sunwheel as head but I guess I could be
                    wrong…

                    /Mrtn

                    I wonder if someone can explain me the origin
                    of their symbol.
                    (This little character with one eye)

                    I found a similar symbol in a book by Frances Yates
                    on Renaissance philosophy.

                    Jc

                    Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui
                    vous suit partout !
                    Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
                    http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an
                    email to:

                    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
                    Yahoo! Terms of

                    Terms of Service.

                  • Jim Flannery
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 11, 2004
                      Wednesday, February 11, 2004, 6:38:29 AM, one spoke:

                      RJ> http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/occult/john_dee.html

                      You might want to avoid the malware this site attempts to install on
                      your machine via an IFRAME on the homepage which loads a page from
                      www.forced-action.com which loads a .cab from someplace else ...

                      --
                      Jim Flannery
                      newgrange@...