Re: [thewire] Scott Walker

  • kraig grady
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
      Tilt, his more recent work is a anomally, but still find the most successful

      Daniel DiMaggio wrote:

      > I am nowhere near an expert, but "Scott 3" is really great.
      >

      > Daniel

      -- -Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island
      http://www.anaphoria.com
      The Wandering Medicine Show
      KXLU 88.9 FM WED 8-9PM PST
    • jeremy Bye
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
        The recent Box Set is a good overview of all his work, from The Walker
        Brothers to the soundtrack work ­ it¹s got virtually all of the Pola X
        soundtrack on. The packaging is a bit flimsy and I¹m told (by a friend
        who¹s got it) there¹s not really enough information but it¹s relatively
        cheap (about £35 for 5 discs). A cheaper entry point is Boy Child which
        compiles the best of Scott¹s solo albums 1 ­ 4 and Til The Band: this
        focusses entirely on his own compositions so skips the cover versions and
        the brel material. If you want to dip your toe, this is the place to start.
        Hope this helps / j.

        From: stuff1424@...
        Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:24:50 EST
        To: thewire@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [thewire] Scott Walker

        Has there ever been a Scott Walker primer? I've never properly investigated
        his music and was wondering where to start and what people's favourites are
        whether solo or with his group.

        Rich.

        *
        *
        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
        Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
        http://www.mci.com .