Scott Walker

  • stuff1424@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
      Has there ever been a Scott Walker primer? I've never properly investigated
      his music and was wondering where to start and what people's favourites are
      whether solo or with his group.

      Rich.

    • Daniel DiMaggio
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
        I am nowhere near an expert, but "Scott 3" is really great.

        Daniel

        Has there ever been a Scott Walker primer? I've never properly investigated
        his music and was wondering where to start and what people's favourites are
        whether solo or with his group.

        Rich.

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • kraig grady
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
          Tilt, his more recent work is a anomally, but still find the most successful

          Daniel DiMaggio wrote:

          > I am nowhere near an expert, but "Scott 3" is really great.
          >

          > Daniel

          -- -Kraig Grady
          North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island
          http://www.anaphoria.com
          The Wandering Medicine Show
          KXLU 88.9 FM WED 8-9PM PST
        • jeremy Bye
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2004
            The recent Box Set is a good overview of all his work, from The Walker
            Brothers to the soundtrack work ­ it¹s got virtually all of the Pola X
            soundtrack on. The packaging is a bit flimsy and I¹m told (by a friend
            who¹s got it) there¹s not really enough information but it¹s relatively
            cheap (about £35 for 5 discs). A cheaper entry point is Boy Child which
            compiles the best of Scott¹s solo albums 1 ­ 4 and Til The Band: this
            focusses entirely on his own compositions so skips the cover versions and
            the brel material. If you want to dip your toe, this is the place to start.
            Hope this helps / j.

            From: stuff1424@...
            Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:24:50 EST
            To: thewire@yahoogroups.com

            Has there ever been a Scott Walker primer? I've never properly investigated
            his music and was wondering where to start and what people's favourites are
            whether solo or with his group.

            Rich.

            *
            *
            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
            Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
            http://www.mci.com .