Matt Borghi Monthly Upload/ New KOSIK record...

  • m a t t b o r g h i
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2004
      Happy New Year, everyone!

      This is just a quick FYI email to make you aware that the new Matt Borghi
      monthly upload is up and available - more info:

      Where 2003 was a variety of electronic, mostly ambient experiments, 2004
      is going to yield a complete recording of fourteen tracks. Each month a
      new track will be released, and then in December 2004, the final two
      tracks will become available, as well as the art work and liner notes...
      these won't be available for download, instead they will be made freely
      available to any of you that have purchased at least three recordings
      throughout 2003 and 2004...

      The 2004 series of recordings is piano-centric, as that was the instrument
      that Matt was working with mostly during the period that these were
      composed. some of you will be surprised with these works, and how basic
      they are. this new direction first makes it's debut with these piano
      miniatures, but will become clearer as Matt debuts work with his ambient
      quintet, The Matt Borghi Ensemble, as well as the new studio recording
      that Matt's working on, which focuses on untreated acoustic guitar as the
      primary instrument. Recordings from the ensemble, and Matt Borghi solo
      should be available sometime throughout 2004.

      Also, a new KOSIK recording is available, as we've been talking about for
      a while -

      KOSIK - Live at WCBN - Summer 2003 AVAILABLE NOW - It was warm June night,
      and this WCBN show was sandwiched between two disastrous live shows. What
      happened this night, we can't explain, something was in the air, or the
      vibe was right. We had decided that on this night, we were going to
      perform without the help of the laptop, or electronics so the first part
      of the recording is completely and totally with acoustic guitars, and trap
      drums, with the exception of an underlying drone running a loop on the
      laptop. The vibe was so good as we got into it, that we decided to try and
      push it a little more, and I began cranking up some of Michael Goldapper's
      KOSIK tracks on the laptop. The evening was cool, and the vibe was right,
      for whatever reason we made magic, and we're all proud to be able to
      release that work here, in it's complete form. There was some editing for
      track indexing, but only at natural lulls in the performance.
      Buy it now here:
      http://www.mattborghi.com/Shoppe/mb%20shoppe%20kosik_wcbn.htm

      Thanks, and we wish you all a happy new year!!!

      MB, Ensemble & Crew...

      - SHOW ANNOUNCEMENTS-

      Saturday, January 24th, The Matt Borghi Ensemble - The Otherwise Gallery -
      Lansing - FREE - w/ Rattling wall collective, Vortex of Malice, Grey Earth

      Sunday, March 14th, The Matt Borghi Ensemble - WHFR 89.3 - Dearborn/
      Detroit

      Friday, April 2, 2004. Jason Sloan/ Matt Borghi - Cleveland - Valley Art
      Center - This will be a gallery show and is being organized by Steven K.
      Smith, of Skean Dhu Recordings