Re: Any advice...

  • Sebastien Dalphond
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 1998
      Mark Lamb wrote:

      > From: Mark Lamb <MLAMB@...>
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > A quick query for listening advice.. I am on the lookout
      > for anything nearing the density of the material presented
      > on the No U Turn "Torque" compilation, and "Low Profile
      > Darkness" by Panacea... Any recommendations that
      > could be supplied either via list or private are most
      > welcome.

      Panacea's Twisted Designz (newest LP/CD) is another fine one, but it is
      a little different (has less tech-step beats, more experimental beats).

      Other than that, you can check out anything on Chrome/Position
      Chrome/Force Inc.: Heinrich at Hart, Problem Child, etc.

      Anything by Arcon2, Technical Itch, Source Direct, Optical, Matrix, etc.
      would also be in the same vein.

      The best in the genre remains Panacea, though (IMO).

      --
      Sebastien Dalphond, b. eng.
      Toonboom Technologies Inc. tel 514.278.toon

      "If you go flying back through time and you see
      somebody else flying forward into the future,
      it's probably best to avoid eye contact."
    • Luke Keenan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 1998
        On 5 Jun 98 , Mark Lamb wrote:

        > A quick query for listening advice.. I am on the lookout
        > for anything nearing the density of the material presented
        > on the No U Turn "Torque" compilation, and "Low Profile
        > Darkness" by Panacea... Any recommendations that
        > could be supplied either via list or private are most
        > welcome.

        you may enjoy the releases of Digital Hardcore. Alec Empire is
        responsible for most of their output, but i'm also pretty fond of
        Shizuo & Christoph De Babalon.Try and hear CdB's 'If
        you're into it, then i'm out of it' or Shizuo's 'Fuckstep 98'.

        You might try www.c8.com for some more from the noise-underground,
        and http://dubterrorist.hyperreal.org/ might give you some leads.

        Has anyone any info/opinion on Hyware? As far as I know this is a
        chap from the Netherlands who puts out sounds in the vein of Merzbow
        et al.

        ta

        Luke