Re: [thewire] was Osama Bin Laden interviewed for the new issue?

  • James Duncan
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 6, 2004
      --- gradyfinklemyer <gradyfinklemyer@...> wrote:
      > "On a page in history the seeds were sown for the
      > beginning of the
      > end of the American empire." Came across this quote
      > in the new issue
      > and my mouth dropped open. I didn't realize Osama
      > was being
      > interviewed for The Wire. Oops, it was David
      > Sylvian. Hey,
      > congratulations on uttering the stupidest words of
      > the issue David!

      im lost..why are these the "stupidest words of the
      issue"..?

      thanks..just saw the fog of war..(highly recommended
      BTW)..so your comments seem a touch ironic.

      cheers from NYC

    • Stevo
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 17, 2004
        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Jim Flannery <newgrange@t...> wrote:
        > Thursday, January 8, 2004, 4:24:00 PM, one spoke:
        > (There's a great interview w/ Berkeley prof. George Lakoff on this
        > subject here:
        >
        > http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2003/10/27_lakoff.shtml
        > )

        ireally like that guy George Lakoff's book Women, Fire and DAngerous
        Things. I had to read it for a project I was doing last year and
        found its basic premise that category is an artificial concept
        fascinating.
        I think that's the basis of this framing thing he's talking about in
        that interview too.
        Stevo