was Osama Bin Laden interviewed for the new issue?

  • gradyfinklemyer
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 6, 2004
      "On a page in history the seeds were sown for the beginning of the
      end of the American empire." Came across this quote in the new issue
      and my mouth dropped open. I didn't realize Osama was being
      interviewed for The Wire. Oops, it was David Sylvian. Hey,
      congratulations on uttering the stupidest words of the issue David!

      On a related note, did anyone see Steven Stapleton's "pros" for the
      year? Is he serious?
    • Stevo
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 17, 2004
        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Jim Flannery <newgrange@t...> wrote:
        > Thursday, January 8, 2004, 4:24:00 PM, one spoke:
        > (There's a great interview w/ Berkeley prof. George Lakoff on this
        > subject here:
        >
        > http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2003/10/27_lakoff.shtml
        > )

        ireally like that guy George Lakoff's book Women, Fire and DAngerous
        Things. I had to read it for a project I was doing last year and
        found its basic premise that category is an artificial concept
        fascinating.
        I think that's the basis of this framing thing he's talking about in
        that interview too.
        Stevo