derek bailey: music journalist: not so much

  • noblegasesuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
      In the 1993 edition of Derek Bailey's "Improvisation," he refers to
      Yes' "Tales of Topographic Oceans" as "Topography of the Oceans."

      Close enough for rock'n'roll, I guess.

      Maybe some of those "wrong" notes are wrong....

      -- Tony
    • Daniel DiMaggio
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
        Perhaps he got it mixed up with the Bailey/Parker/Bennink Topography of
        the Lungs (Incus 1).

        In the 1993 edition of Derek Bailey's "Improvisation," he refers to
        Yes' "Tales of Topographic Oceans" as "Topography of the Oceans."

        Close enough for rock'n'roll, I guess.

        Maybe some of those "wrong" notes are wrong....

        -- Tony

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgkrjhl/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroup
        web/S=1705023975:HM/EXP=1070609594/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-
        bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=176959716>