Naxos Bargains

  • Fractured Music
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2003
      He may not be everyone's fave but Phillip Glass's "Violin Concerto" is surprisingly one of the better Glass disc's. The "Akhnaten" prelude is superb.

      ---Varjak

    • nrpo_campbell
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2003
        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, chx <yahoogroper@b...> wrote:
        > Greets,
        >
        > To cut a long story short, can anyone recommend releases on the
        Naxos
        > label? Mainly interested in stuff that falls within the remit of
        The
        > Wire...

        lookout for anything by Ensemble Unicorn or Oni Wytars in the Naxos
        early music series - some great ensemble jamming on some of 'em, more
        like folk than classical. They've recorded a stack, but I like "songs
        of the troubadours" best i think...
        nc