Re: [thewire] Re: derek bailey

  • Kristopher S. Handley
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 1, 2003
      Does humor belong anywhere near music? Please, Damon. Tony did his friend
      a favor simplifying a style that can be thorny as fuck, and might have won a
      convert to your Priesthood of the Musician (cf John Zorn "musicians are
      saints"). Derek is the Wrongest.

      ----s

      >From: Damon Smith <damon@...>
      >that is pretty lame. derek is a master musician, and know exactly hat
      >he is doing. his note choices are more considered and precise than
      >almost anyone alive.
      >damon
      >
      >On Saturday, November 29, 2003, at 08:44 PM, noblegasesuk wrote:
      >
      > > I described Derek Bailey to a bandmate tonight as someone who
      > > purposely plays the wrong notes....

      Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE
      online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!
    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 11, 2003
        Damn, wish I still had that 10cd Sakamoto box of work from the early
        to mid 80's. There was some good stuff on there. I liked the disc
        with the picture of him at the piano, and a shadow of an insect
        behind him. Hard to keep track of all his stuff though.