Re: [thewire] Re: Naxos Bargains

  • kraig grady
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2003
      there are five/six volumes of all of Saties piano works

      noblegasesuk wrote:

      > What's on it?
      >
      > -- Tony
      >
      > --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, kraig grady <kraiggrady@a...> wrote:
      > > The Satie set is quite good

      -- -Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island
      http://www.anaphoria.com
      The Wandering Medicine Show
      KXLU 88.9 FM WED 8-9PM PST
    • Fractured Music
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2003
        He may not be everyone's fave but Phillip Glass's "Violin Concerto" is surprisingly one of the better Glass disc's. The "Akhnaten" prelude is superb.

        ---Varjak

      • nrpo_campbell
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2003
          --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, chx <yahoogroper@b...> wrote:
          > Greets,
          >
          > To cut a long story short, can anyone recommend releases on the
          Naxos
          > label? Mainly interested in stuff that falls within the remit of
          The
          > Wire...

          lookout for anything by Ensemble Unicorn or Oni Wytars in the Naxos
          early music series - some great ensemble jamming on some of 'em, more
          like folk than classical. They've recorded a stack, but I like "songs
          of the troubadours" best i think...
          nc