Re: [thewire] raga+

  • jamello@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003
      I probably know a lot less about that stuff than you do, however there are
      some enjoyable bits on the recent Terry Hall & Mushtaq CD "The Hours of Two
      Lights," the Greensleeves "Bollywood" rhythm album (#30), DJ Cheb i Sabbah
      "Krishna Lia" and the whole Bug/Soundmurderer/Wasteland/Scud/I-Sound axis of evil.

      If you live in the NY area, swing by Other Music and get a cool CD-R called
      "Bidoun" by DJ Muttamassik (the DJ with Burnt Sugar). The sleeve describes it
      as "...Sa'aidi Hardcore & Baladi Breakbeats: Egyptian & Afro-oriental Roots
      mixed with the head-nod of hip-hop and syncopation of hardstep." Sounds right
      up your alley.

      Jack