SF, USA - MATMOS WORK WORK WORK

  • Praemedia
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3 11:12 AM
      MATMOS DO IT IN PUBLIC FOR 96 HOURS
      MATMOS
      Thursday, November 6
      7 PM SHARP
      $6 / $3 for senior citizens and students / Free to
      Museum Members
      Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
      701 Mission Street at Third
      San Francisco, California

      From November 7th to November 23rd, Matmos present
      "Work Work Work" a residency and installation at the
      Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. To kick off the
      installation, Matmos will perform live at the opening
      on the evening of Thursday, November 6th. Please note
      that the show is at the early hour of 7 PM sharp, as
      the museum closes promptly at 8 pm.

      What is a Matmos installation like, you ask? In this
      case, we have decided to take the word "residency"
      literally, and the entire Matmos home recording
      studio, complete with teacups, overstuffed chairs and
      wolkskin rugs will be set up in the gallery space.
      Martin and Drew will be on hand in the gallery working
      on music every day during its normal opening hours of
      Tuesday through Sunday, from 11 AM to 5 PM, with the
      occasional lunch break. In the mornings Drew will be
      interviewing museum goers and making songs about them,
      and in the afternoon Martin will host guest performers
      and improvisers.

      Over the course of the installation's sixteen days you
      can expect some visitations from People Like Us,
      Wobbly, Lesser/Blevin Blectum/Sagan, Thomas Dimuzio,
      Jim Haynes/Coelacanth, Kalonica McQueston, and many
      others. We're not sure of the entire star-studded
      schedule, but we can tell you who's on for the first
      few days: on the afternoon of Friday, November 7th
      Mark Lightcap will present a solo piece based upon the
      soundtrack to "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid",
      and on the afternoon of November 8th the Dick Slessig
      Combo, comprised of Mark Lightcap on guitar, Carl
      Bronson on bass, and Steve Goodfriend on drums, will
      perform. We hope you will feel free to drop by,
      introduce yourself, and have a listen to at least a
      few minutes of the 96 hours of our installation.