Re:- The Homosexuals

  • Charlie M
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2 1:06 PM
      You wait for ages and then 2 come along all at once.........

      Despite everythingsaid recently, this news from Cuck Warner of Hyped2Death...

      >About those Homosexuals...

      Just a heads-up for now. Bruno and I have been working for most of this year on "Astral Glamour," a deluxe 2 CD first installment of a COMPLETE Homosexuals reissue (on regular CD: no CD-R this time -- sorry!). This one will have 48 songs (or more), tons of full-color artwork, a long, long history of the band and their recordings, some lyrics, maybe even some photos and a surname or two. There's another CD-full still under construction, including a buncha lost vocal tracks.

      Concerning the Recommended CD, they finally contacted Bruno just a week ago ...so we're hoping to work things out so that both releases can come out by Xmas. Believe me, nobody wants this stuff kept out of circulation any longer than is absolutely necessary. Wish us all luck.

      Bytheway, this project could use some archival help if any of you are in a position to comb through 1977 issues of the NME to find the Tony Parsons review of the Rejects live (Bruno's pre-Homosexuals band: Jim and Anton were both in the final version, but at this point it was just Bruno). Parsons absolutely hated them. Bruno thought the review was from later in '77, but I have a hunch it was in the first half. (First Rejects gig was opening for the Damned at the Roxy in January 1977...) We're also looking for a want-ad that the Rejects placed [probably in the NME] a couple months later looking for a guitarist: which is how/where Anton (and Chrissie Hynde) tried out...

      More news as it happens.

      peace,

      Chuck Warner
      Hyped to Death CDs