lost albums

  • lmcltd
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
      The badly compiled Recommended LP is still awesome in itself -
      particularly Side 1, however I gather it's unlikely to be reissued due to
      most of the band resenting the 1st issue of it against their wishes.

      It should come out on CD (on ReR) with some more stuff in the next couple
      of months. The nearly complete works. I am trying to write liner notes
      right now. Mayeb dispel some myths, maybe not.
      The remastered stuff sound good to my worn out ears.
      I figure I might play some of this on Resonance104.4fm on Monday at about 5pm.
      (Badly compiled, eh?)
      Yours
      Ed Baxter
    • Charlie M
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
        Perhaps I should rephrase that!
        The feeling amongst a number of people was that the LP could have been taken
        from good vinyl copies of their releases rather than dodgy tapes. As these
        were Bruno's mixes though and (unclearly to me at least...) the rest of the
        band were unaware of the release until afterwards (or that's how the
        "story"'s been passed down) AND we wouldn't otherwise have heard someof
        those tracks.
        Blah blah...
        What's great to hear is that it's coming out with new material!
        There have been rumblings of a bootleg in certain circles so it's not before
        time.

        All that remains now is to compile a deluxe box set of all the It's War
        Boys/Lorelei/Black Noise etc etc. Homos related projects in one go.
        I'd mortgage the house for it. And auction my Ici La Bas 12" to buy it!

        Charlie.