RE:great lost... blurt etc...

  • jon attwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      i just picked up the rough trade 'post punk volume 1' which includes quite a
      few lost classics i bought first time round but no longer have... among
      them, the fish needs a bike - brilliant but not quite as good as 'get' in my
      opinion.

      also 'lost' and deserving of a reissue are the early scritti politti rough
      trade st. pancras releases. my copy of skank bloc bologna developed a skip
      years back so it's good to have that on cd (tho i expect the skips when i
      hear it!) but the 4 'a' sides 12" was a huge personal favourite for a long
      time...

      also mentioned was the streets comp - some awful stuff on that but some
      great things as well - i'm sure somewhere there is a cd reissue of the art
      attacks stuff (used to have a single called 'first and last' which was
      great)

      on a rough trade thing - what about the thomas leer and robert rental stuff,
      the cherry red 'labels unlimited' compilation...

      getting all commercial - adam and the antz 'dirk wears white sox' (on cd)
      commands ridiculous prices on ebay these days...

      jon.6

      - y e l l o w 6 -
      www.yellow6.com

      - make mine music -