Re: Great lost albums.

  • soxepke
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 30 10:17 AM
      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Stewart" <zeropoint_uk@y...> wrote:
      > Between those here in this group, do we possess all of the 50 "lost
      > albums" listed in the wire?

      I have the Terry Riley.
    • jamello@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 30 3:03 PM
        Also wondering about Blurt...great singles, not sure if any of their albums
        are great enough to be "great lost" but they sure seem to be lost, at least.

      • Chris Whitehead
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 30 3:59 PM
          My favourite lost albums are a La Dusseldorf LP Called Viva and a Michael Gira LP called Drainland which I lent to my mate Mark Watson. Unfortunately he took an overdose and died, I never had the guts to ask his mum to give me my vinyl back. Now those are real lost albums!

          Quippy

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Steeples Paul (Mr PW)
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 1, 2003
            Blurt, aaaah. Great singles, never heard any albums. Great titles, too - "My
            Mother was a Friend of an Enemy of the People", "The Fish Needs a Bike" etc.

            Ted Milton re-emerged in London a few years back - I saw him at the Deptford
            Albany with Charles Hayward, Steve Noble, Billy Jenkins et al. He also stole
            the girlfriend of one of my friends, despite the fact that he (Milton, not
            my friend) looked like he'd been sleeping in a hedge since Blurt vanished in
            the early 80s. But that's another story...

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 1, 2003
              --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie M" <charlie.m@u...> wrote:
              > Hope Henry Rollins gets his finger out with the Howard LP.
              >
              > Charlie.

              Has Rollins still got a reissue label going then?
              I thought 2:13:61 had folded taking its catalogue with it.
              and Infinite Zero was long goine too.
              Shame since both labels put out some pretty cool stuff.
              Still kicking myself for not getting the Iceberg Slim cd when I had
              the chance.
              Also reminded, is there a good live TRoublefunk cdout that's actually
              banded for separate tracks? I think the INfinite Zero one wasn't.
              and while thinking about Go-Go is there any way to get hold of
              Osiris's War On THe Bullshit on cd?
              Stevo
            • Stevo
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 1, 2003
                --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Chris Whitehead <quippyuk@y...> wrote:
                and a Michael Gira LP called Drainland which

                Pretty tasty lp that anyway.
                It had a sister lp from Jarboe too.
                I haven't listened to Drainland in ages but I went through aq heavy
                bout of listening to the Dan marts collaboration What We Did at the
                start of the summer
                Stevo
              • Charlie M
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 2, 2003
                  > Has Rollins still got a reissue label going then?
                  > I thought 2:13:61 had folded taking its catalogue with it.
                  > and Infinite Zero was long goine too.

                  Didn't know that - that might explain the non-appearance of the Norman
                  Howard LP!

                  > Also reminded, is there a good live TRoublefunk cdout that's actually
                  > banded for separate tracks?

                  I have some Troublefunk 12"s on my trade list if you're a vinyl person...

                  Charlie.
                • luka zagoricnik
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 5, 2003
                    Hello!

                    Consernig Blurt and Ted Milton you should check odd album of Ted Milton w
                    Loopspool released on austrian label (owned by Christof Kurzmann) Charhizma
                    (www.charhizma.com), a mix of Ted's sax, poetry and electronics. Blurt were
                    touring Europe two years ago (as a trio with Hayward on drums) and they
                    played also in Hungary and Slovenia. I meet Milton in early morning and he
                    was smelling like a barrell of strong liquid which he was non stop drinking
                    also later on the stage (so the show was not something to remember ...)

                    >From: "Steeples Paul (Mr PW)" <paul.steeples@...>
                    >To: "'thewire@yahoogroups.com'" <thewire@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: RE: [thewire] Great lost albums.
                    >Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:00:07 +0100
                    >
                    >Blurt, aaaah. Great singles, never heard any albums. Great titles, too -
                    >"My
                    >Mother was a Friend of an Enemy of the People", "The Fish Needs a Bike"
                    >etc.
                    >

                    >Ted Milton re-emerged in London a few years back - I saw him at the
                    >Deptford
                    >Albany with Charles Hayward, Steve Noble, Billy Jenkins et al. He also
                    >stole
                    >the girlfriend of one of my friends, despite the fact that he (Milton, not
                    >my friend) looked like he'd been sleeping in a hedge since Blurt vanished
                    >in
                    >the early 80s. But that's another story...

                  • mugi turan
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                      i feel lucky since i have three blurt albums on vinyl. "smoke time", "in
                      berlin" and "blurt". they all are great enough, i think. the aesthetics of
                      his album covers need to be mentioned, too.
                      muge