Re: [thewire] weird question?

  • Chris Whitehead
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2003
      In the sequel to the classic science fiction film Village Of The Damned, the almost-but-not-quite-as-classic Children Of The Damned, don't the humans thwart the telepathic children by thinking of brick walls, thus resulting in the demise of the little horrors?

      Quippy

      Stevo <stevolende@...> wrote:
      Sorry, this may be a bit of a weird question.
      I remember seeing a documentary a long time back about how the
      isolation prisoners of the Viet Cong kept their sanity.
      There was something about escaping the physical reality by building
      castles in their minds brick by brick.
      I'm trying to find some reference to this through google and just
      don't think i'm using the right combination of words.

      This is of relevance to a Philosophy course I'm doing on Levinas BTW.
      Can anybody think where I'd be able to get more info on the subject?
      Thanks
      Stevo

      PS Just realised that Henry Charriere does something similar in
      Pappillon doesn't he?
      When he's in the isolation cell he does something to escape the
      reality of his surroundings

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT