Re: [thewire] Final Programme

  • Andrew Cox
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      Monday, September 1, 2003, 3:32:43 PM, Stevo wrote:
      > Having just started reading Michael Moorcock's Dancers at the End Of
      > Time trilogy I looked him up online.
      > I've now seen that there was a 1973 film of one of his Jerry
      > Cornelius books called The Final Programme.
      > Has anybody seen it?

      I have the DVD, having seen it on TV many years ago. Amazon.com stock
      it (but, curiously Amazon.co.uk only have the video).

      > Looks like a swinging London sci fi spy thriller.

      Yup - lot's of bad psychedelia. It's not really in the spirit of the
      book, and the ending has been changed, but it is fun. And features the
      gorgeous Jenny Runacre.
    • Simon Fay
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        > Having just started reading Michael Moorcock's
        Dancers at the End Of
        > Time trilogy I looked him up online.
        > I've now seen that there was a 1973 film of one of
        his Jerry
        > Cornelius books called The Final Programme.
        > Has anybody seen it?

        > Looks like a swinging London sci fi spy thriller.

        Yup - lot's of bad psychedelia. It's not really in the
        spirit of the
        book, and the ending has been changed, but it is fun.
        And features the
        gorgeous Jenny Runacre.

        Jon Finch as JC is pretty gorgeous too, even to a
        straight like me.

        The Prod'n Design & Art Direction Psychedelia is of
        the 1970s flavour, ace, like 'Crystal Tipps &
        Alastair' Meets 'the Boyfriend' on a gramme of Ozzie
        Clarke.

        Top film - the scene in the arcade-cum-disco is a
        classic.

        SF