Final Programme

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 7:32 AM
      Having just started reading Michael Moorcock's Dancers at the End Of
      Time trilogy I looked him up online.
      I've now seen that there was a 1973 film of one of his Jerry
      Cornelius books called The Final Programme.
      Has anybody seen it?
      Looks like a swinging London sci fi spy thriller.
      made by Robert Fuest the guy who directed the DR Phibes films and
      some Avengers stuff.
      Don't look like Michael Moorcock liked the film overmuch though.
      Stevo
      Np Willie Nelson I never Go Around Mirrors
    • Andrew Cox
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 7:40 AM
        Monday, September 1, 2003, 3:32:43 PM, Stevo wrote:
        > Having just started reading Michael Moorcock's Dancers at the End Of
        > Time trilogy I looked him up online.
        > I've now seen that there was a 1973 film of one of his Jerry
        > Cornelius books called The Final Programme.
        > Has anybody seen it?

        I have the DVD, having seen it on TV many years ago. Amazon.com stock
        it (but, curiously Amazon.co.uk only have the video).

        > Looks like a swinging London sci fi spy thriller.

        Yup - lot's of bad psychedelia. It's not really in the spirit of the
        book, and the ending has been changed, but it is fun. And features the
        gorgeous Jenny Runacre.
      • Simon Fay
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1 12:52 PM
          > Having just started reading Michael Moorcock's
          Dancers at the End Of
          > Time trilogy I looked him up online.
          > I've now seen that there was a 1973 film of one of
          his Jerry
          > Cornelius books called The Final Programme.
          > Has anybody seen it?

          > Looks like a swinging London sci fi spy thriller.

          Yup - lot's of bad psychedelia. It's not really in the
          spirit of the
          book, and the ending has been changed, but it is fun.
          And features the
          gorgeous Jenny Runacre.

          Jon Finch as JC is pretty gorgeous too, even to a
          straight like me.

          The Prod'n Design & Art Direction Psychedelia is of
          the 1970s flavour, ace, like 'Crystal Tipps &
          Alastair' Meets 'the Boyfriend' on a gramme of Ozzie
          Clarke.

          Top film - the scene in the arcade-cum-disco is a
          classic.

          SF