cdr guy

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2003
      just left a package for my cdr guy with these cds in

      with these cds in
      Tempus Fugit a bebop compilation -part of the Proper 4cd box Bebop
      Spoken Here

      Hank Williams Move it on Over, another Proper Compi. The great
      country singer. I love that Fly TRouble track, woulda been a fine
      addition to that jooke songs cdr I just got.

      Sonic Youth Screaming Fields of Sonic Love
      overview of the bands early years, pretty tasty. psychedelic noisy
      guitar stuff

      Sonic Youth Sonic Starpower live in central park in '92

      Laura Nyro Eli & the 13th dream
      Singer/songwriter from NYC , great soul influenced voice. very
      confessional lyrics.
      her other stuff is also great. I must get around to getting NY
      tendaberry again.

      Ethiopiques 13
      a mid 70s recorded addition to the series. the latest recording in
      the series apart from a Paris gig from a couple of years back I
      believe. Stiull delivers the goods most adequately though.

      hillbilly boogie travelling boogie
      another proper compi. this time late40s-mid 50s recorded ancestor to
      rock & roll
      the crossover between country and boogie era jazz. great stuff,
      Western Swing's pretty good too. I've been meaning to get the Milton
      Brown, Bob Wills and Doughboys etc Proper sets all summer.

      Dr Alimantado Best Dressed Chicken in Town
      mid 70s dub reggae with DR Alimantado toasting over it. Pretty grreat
      stoned stuff .

      Kyuss Blues For THe Red Sun
      the 2nd lp by the stoner band that would later give birth to Queens
      of the Stone Age.

      Paul Kantner, Grace Slick, David FRiedberg Baron Von Tollbooth and
      tHe Chrome NUn
      early 70s solo stuff from a couple of members of Jefferson Airplane
      plus all-star cast.
      I love China and Your Mind has Left Your bOdy.
      plus the rest of this Grunt era stuff