Poodle PLay

  • Paul Flynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2003
      Has anyone else done the compare-and-contrast thing on "A Visit To Newport
      Hospital" by EGG and "Cucamonga" by Beefheart/Zappa/Mothers?
      According to Ben Watson's "Negative Dialectics" book on FZ these two tracks
      sound almost identical, yet I simply cannot hear it myself! They bear a
      "passing resemblance" I think it is fair to say, as both are
      "nostalgia/singing songs about singing songs" though as these type scenarios
      are prevalent amongst the "Canterbury School" and slightly less so midst
      the works of Zappa that is hardly surprising!

      Has Ben Watson got cloth ears or is it just me?

      Paul Flynn

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger