Oroonies

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9 5:43 AM
      Oroonies
      Does anybody know anything about this lot?
      They came up in conversation yesterday with a guy who I'd got a tape
      of them from years back.
      I think they were Irish based Ozrics related.

      The tape was pretty cool but is long gone.
      I'm wondering if any of their stuff is available?
      Stevo
      Np Gira/Martz What We Did Is/Was
    • mark winkelmannn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19 2:23 AM
        >Oroonies
        >Does anybody know anything about this lot?
        >They came up in conversation yesterday with a guy who I'd got a tape
        >of them from years back.
        >I think they were Irish based Ozrics related.

        I don;t think they wer based in ireland - I'm sure I'd have heard of them.
        But it si probably the band I saw at Glasto in 93 going by the name of the
        Cheapsuit O'Roonies. Possibly ozric-sih but with more a folky influence,
        both celtic and arabic IIRC.

      • Darryl Biggs
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19 3:04 AM
          Yep, the Cheapsuit O¹Roonies were their psychedelic barn dance incarnation -
          (very good band in fact) and usually could be found playing at 3am in one of
          the circus tents at Glastonbury. They used to put their stuff out on etape
          cassettes that you could buy at gigs (like the Ullulators and early Ozric
          stuff) when club dog was still in the Robey in Finsbury Park...

          Ah, they were the days... Sorry I think I¹m having a flashback

          Darryl Biggs
          Communications Officer
          Sonic Arts Network
          The Jerwood Space