Re: Simon Reynolds' uberhipster index

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 6, 2003
      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Atkins" <gatki@h...> wrote:
      > Manny-
      > Thanks for your reflective list...this same period was my college
      period. I
      > might only add early OMD and Ultravox, and singles that stand out
      for me,
      > like Freur: "Doot Doot(?)",

      funny that they went on to be Underworld innit?

      Kissing the Pink: "Big Man Restless",

      only recall the Last Party chart hit thing

      Urban
      > Verbs: "When the Dance Is Over", and Pete Shelley: "Witness the
      Change". I
      > was a huge Severed Heads fan as well,

      they never connected with me, all I've heard seems static. maybe I
      missed their good stuff.

      was weird seeing that reynolds list yesterday after seeing 25th
      hour. i was thinking that Liquid Liquid might get some exposure
      they're mixed in and out of White Lines i the club scene -probably
      pretty cliched since I think most people know that the Cavern
      bassline is the basis of the other song). I think Reynolds has them
      down as Passe. They sounded pretyty great at that volume anyway, so
      did Cymande
      Stevo
      Np Gira/Martz Stitches