Issue 232

  • chux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      Greets!

      IMO, Issue 232 was one of the best for a long while. The Ex, David
      Sylvian, Softs, YLT, Kagel Exercises... I'd not be surprised to find
      that somewhere in the high echelons of the Russian secret service is
      a cadre of Kagel fans, pulling strings on a realpolitik performance
      piece.

      Normally I am happy to defend Mr Penman on the basis that if I don't
      understand what he's written at least I can keep trying, however, I
      think it is a mistake to allow him to write too much (as in the
      tragic Nina Simone piece). His thoughts seem to benefit from
      concentration into a lexical neoplasm.

      Does Dick Henderson write for the Sunday Papers in his day job? I
      think that readers of the Wire might just be able to work out which
      'Don' signed the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Or not?

      A new section: Fictional Reviews. Readers write a review of a
      performance that never happened but should 'ave. Has to better than
      Byron Coley's feeble review of GSY!BE and JOMF. But of course, the
      review was deeply ironic and I am missing the point...

      Blast Away.

      np: Bastard Noise: Analysis of Self-Destruction

      --

      "Quantify quality,
      qualify quantity."