Flaming Bunnies

  • Rob Young
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003

      >Message: 3
      > Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:35:24 -0500
      > From: "Epke, Larry" <LEpke@...>
      >Subject: Flaming Bunnies
      >
      >stuff1424@... wrote:
      >

      >Well, Jim O'Rourke wore a bunny suit on the cover in November 2001. Maybe
      >the editors have a rule against cover artists in bunny suits being featured
      >less than two years apart! :)
      >
      >Larry Epke

      Tarnation! Well spotted, Larry. We were thinking about Zbigniew
      Karkowski for our Christmas 'cottontail covershoot'. What do you
      reckon?

      Rob
      xx
      --
      _______________________________________
      Rob Young

      THE WIRE: Adventures In Modern Music

      ONLINE NOW!
      The WIRE Website: Redesigned & relaunched
      Articles, news, video, links
      http://www.thewire.co.uk

      2nd Floor East
      88-94 Wentworth Street
      London
      E1 7SA UK

      Tel 020 7422 5010
      Fax 020 7422 5011
      Direct line 020 7422 5012
      _______________________________________
    • chux
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
        Greets!

        IMO, Issue 232 was one of the best for a long while. The Ex, David
        Sylvian, Softs, YLT, Kagel Exercises... I'd not be surprised to find
        that somewhere in the high echelons of the Russian secret service is
        a cadre of Kagel fans, pulling strings on a realpolitik performance
        piece.

        Normally I am happy to defend Mr Penman on the basis that if I don't
        understand what he's written at least I can keep trying, however, I
        think it is a mistake to allow him to write too much (as in the
        tragic Nina Simone piece). His thoughts seem to benefit from
        concentration into a lexical neoplasm.

        Does Dick Henderson write for the Sunday Papers in his day job? I
        think that readers of the Wire might just be able to work out which
        'Don' signed the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Or not?

        A new section: Fictional Reviews. Readers write a review of a
        performance that never happened but should 'ave. Has to better than
        Byron Coley's feeble review of GSY!BE and JOMF. But of course, the
        review was deeply ironic and I am missing the point...

        Blast Away.

        np: Bastard Noise: Analysis of Self-Destruction

        --

        "Quantify quality,
        qualify quantity."