Flaming Bunnies

  • Epke, Larry
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2003
      stuff1424@... wrote:

      "[T]he [Flaming] Lips in rabbit costumes covered with fake blood, obsession
      with insects and bizarre history to reveal would have made a better story.
      What gives?"

      Well, Jim O'Rourke wore a bunny suit on the cover in November 2001. Maybe
      the editors have a rule against cover artists in bunny suits being featured
      less than two years apart! :)

      Larry Epke

      "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into maturity." -
      Thomas Huxley
    • Rob Young
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003

        >Message: 3
        > Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:35:24 -0500
        > From: "Epke, Larry" <LEpke@...>
        >Subject: Flaming Bunnies
        >
        >stuff1424@... wrote:
        >

        >Well, Jim O'Rourke wore a bunny suit on the cover in November 2001. Maybe
        >the editors have a rule against cover artists in bunny suits being featured
        >less than two years apart! :)
        >
        >Larry Epke

        Tarnation! Well spotted, Larry. We were thinking about Zbigniew
        Karkowski for our Christmas 'cottontail covershoot'. What do you
        reckon?

        Rob
        xx
        --
        _______________________________________
        Rob Young

        THE WIRE: Adventures In Modern Music

        ONLINE NOW!
        The WIRE Website: Redesigned & relaunched
        Articles, news, video, links
        http://www.thewire.co.uk

        2nd Floor East
        88-94 Wentworth Street
        London
        E1 7SA UK

        Tel 020 7422 5010
        Fax 020 7422 5011
        Direct line 020 7422 5012
        _______________________________________
      • chux
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
          Greets!

          IMO, Issue 232 was one of the best for a long while. The Ex, David
          Sylvian, Softs, YLT, Kagel Exercises... I'd not be surprised to find
          that somewhere in the high echelons of the Russian secret service is
          a cadre of Kagel fans, pulling strings on a realpolitik performance
          piece.

          Normally I am happy to defend Mr Penman on the basis that if I don't
          understand what he's written at least I can keep trying, however, I
          think it is a mistake to allow him to write too much (as in the
          tragic Nina Simone piece). His thoughts seem to benefit from
          concentration into a lexical neoplasm.

          Does Dick Henderson write for the Sunday Papers in his day job? I
          think that readers of the Wire might just be able to work out which
          'Don' signed the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Or not?

          A new section: Fictional Reviews. Readers write a review of a
          performance that never happened but should 'ave. Has to better than
          Byron Coley's feeble review of GSY!BE and JOMF. But of course, the
          review was deeply ironic and I am missing the point...

          Blast Away.

          np: Bastard Noise: Analysis of Self-Destruction

          --

          "Quantify quality,
          qualify quantity."