Eitzel/Clannad

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2003
      I'm gonna see Mark Eitzel in Galway tonight. Weird coincidence, I'd
      just mentioned him on another chatlist as a Nick Drake soundalike.
      Went downtown to check out the remaindered/2nd hand bookshop , then
      headed up to the local indie cd shop. between the two is this Gaelic
      theatre.
      In the vwindow of this was a poster for a gig tonight by Mark.
      Lucky that I saw it cos it hasn't been otherwise advertised outside
      of flyers on the counter of the cd shop.
      He's being supported by the local krautrock crew CAne 141.

      I also just picked up the first Clannad lp cos I heard it was
      supposed to be pretty haunting. I like early Steeleye Span for that
      reason.
      It is pretty dashed nice, acoustic Gaelic folky stuff from 73 plus a
      nearly unrecogniseable cover of Morning Dew.
      I don't know the musical area too well so I'm wundrin what else from
      Ireland in the early 70s is as good
      Stevo
      Np Ethiopiques 13 (long Ethiopian name which i can't be bothered to
      type) Metche new